Take a journey through Vienna, Bratislava, Krakow, and Prague over 10 days to discover breath-taking architecture, glorious scenic beauty, historic heritage, and an array of culinary curios.
Every day brings an interesting slice of Central Europe.
Marvel at the splendor of the Habsburg monarchy in Vienna and feel like a king in your overnight stay at an historic chateau! Stand atop Lomnicky Peak, enjoying magnificent views of the High Tatras Mountains. Step back in time and experience Slovak traditions at a traditional village. Visit Krakow and see Europe's most moving Holocaust memorials in Auschwitz and Birkenau. Enjoy the romance of Prague and determine for yourself if the beer really is the best in the world.
10 days, 9 nights
9:00 am Saturday (December to Mid October)
4 Days Minimum Advance Booking Required.(21 DAYS IF HANDICAP/DISABILITY ISSUES). Minimum 2 Persons Per Order. Tour includes Vienna hotel pick up. Tour does NOT include travel arrangements and costs to the starting point of Vienna or from Prague at the conclusion of the holiday. All participants must sign a Liability Waiver and Terms & Conditions Contract prior to the tour departure. Rates are per person in US Dollars.
Please order online or call to order or for more information.
• Guide and driver • 9 nights in twin-share accommodations • All breakfasts • All tours and admissions noted in the itinerary • Tour transfers from Vienna to Prague including fuel, parking fees, highway tolls • Personal CD containing photos of your trip
• Airport transfers in Vienna and Prague • Pre-tour accommodations in Vienna • Post-tour accommodations in Prague • Lunches and dinners • Drinks • Souvenirs • Any attractions not specified in the itinerary • Gratuities
Day 1 -- You'll be picked up at your Vienna hotel and taken on a walking tour of the city's historic backbone, engaging with the relics of the Habsburg Empire's 640-year rule. Sights such as Stephansplatz, the Vienna Opera House, Hofburg Palace, Parliament and City Hall will help set the stage. In the city center, you will stop for the option to enjoy every chocoholic's dream: Viennese Sacher Torte. Your evening features a classical concert with the Vienna Royal Orchestra. Overnight in Vienna.
Day 2 -- Begin your day with a visit to Schonbrunn Palace, with its Baroque architecture and gardens remaining largely in their original condition. After Schonbrunn, you will journey to Bratislava, Slovakia in the afternoon, where you'll tour the city by train along its historic railways. You will then travel on to the famous Chateau Topolcianky to spend the night.
Day 3 -- In the morning, you will tour Slovakia's national horse breeding farm - famous for its renowned Lippizaner stallions, and then travel to Kremnica, where you can create your own coin souvenirs at the Slovak Heritage Mint. Visit the geographical centre of Europe before heading to your sleeping quarters at a traditional Slovak cottage in Liptovsky Jan.
Day 4 -- The fourth day takes you to a natural wonder – the ice cave in Demanskova valley. In the afternoon, you will take a cable-car up to Lomnicky peak, where you'll enjoy the scenery of the world-famous High Tatras mountain range.
Day 5 -- After breakfast, it's time to journey to northern Slovakia, where you'll visit the famous "Nosferatu" Orava castle, built in the 13th century on an enormous rock above the river. From there, immerse yourself in one of Slovakia's Skanzen (open-air museums) to learn about the region's cultures, customs and architecture. Toward the end of the day, you will have an opportunity to learn the traditional way of "korbacik" cheese making. And, the end the day provides relaxation at the hotel spa and pool.
Day 6 -- Today, you travel north to Krakow, Poland. There you will learn about the life and impact of the late Pope John Paul II, tracing his footsteps from the Wawel Castle - the spiritual home of the Polish nation, and Wawel Cathedral - the resting place of many of Poland's saints and royals. You'll also visit the historic St. Mary's Church and the bustling Cloth Hall market. The afternoon will be free, perhaps to visit some of the city's many fascinating museums. Overnight in Krakow.
Day 7 -- After a free morning enjoying the delights of Krakow, the afternoon brings a more somber note at two of Europe's most moving memorials to the Holocaust - touring the concentration camps at Auschwitz and Birkenau with a local guide. You'll return to Krakow in the evening, with plenty of time on your own to savor the city's bustling restaurant scene. Overnight in Krakow.
Day 8 -- The tour departs Poland on a journey through Eastern Europe's scenic countryside and over historic dissolved borders, into the Czech Republic. You'll visit the vibrant city of Prague, the Czech cultural crossroads, exploring on a walk to the old town square where Czechs celebrate many imoprtant events, plus see the amazing Prague Astronomical Clock. Later on, there's a visit to the oldest pub in Prague, established in 1499. Decide for yourself whether Prague truly is the home of Europe's finest beers! Overnight in Prague.
Day 9 -- The day starts with a tour of the old town...including the theatre, Jewish synagogue, and the famous Prague Castle with St. George's Basilica and St. Vitus Cathedral! After the castle tour, you'll have time on your own in Prague to enjoy the local cuisine, more sights, more of the country's tastiest pilsners or just buy some souvenirs. The last scheduled attraction on the tour is the traditional Czech opera. Overnight in Prague.
Day 10 -- The tour ends after breakfast. Your guide will help you find your way to your next destination.
• Luggage Restrictions - For this trip, luggage is restricted per-person to one reasonable sized, non-expanding suitcase size up to 28" x 18" x 9" (70cm x 45cm x 23cm) and the maximum weight of 20 kilos (44 lbs.) plus one small hand/day bag that can go in the car with you. No metal frame backpacks are allowed.
• Disability/Accessibility - Orders for persons with medical or physical handicaps or disabilities must be placed a minimum of 21 days in advance of the tour departure date. You must advise of any medical condition or physical disability requiring special attention at the time you book your holiday. If you do not advise at this stage, your booking may be disallowed. It is also possible that the guides will determine the holiday chosen to be not suitable unless a suitably qualified companion is included in the order. The guides will try to help with your requirements but cannot guarantee confirmation of specifics such as hotels, restaurants and excursions. Many of these holidays involve getting on and off cars, walking tours and other physical activities. Some holidays may not be suitable for you if you rely on a wheelchair or have certain other disabilities. Personal devices such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses, or services of a personal nature such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing, are NOT provided. Should your disability require you to have special assistance, a condition of accepting your booking is that you provide satisfactory evidence that an able-bodied person will accompany you and is able to provide any special needs or services that you may require. The guides will not be responsible for the failure of this person to provide such services. The guides do not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention must be provided by a local facility at the passenger's expense. The guides are not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received.
• Accommodation Damage/Cleaning - You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodation. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room to the hotel or your tour guide as soon as it is discovered.
• Removal of Passengers - The guides may, in their sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the tour's terms and conditions. The guides and their agents or affiliates are not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree to not hold the guides or any of their related entities liable for any actions taken under those terms and conditions.
• Vehicle Safety Belts - Where the passenger occupies a motor coach/car seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the operator or service providers, agents or co-operating organizations shall be liable for any illness, injury or death or any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident.
• Travel Documents - It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected holiday as well as and to comply with all applicable laws.
• Photograph & Video Policy - You agree that guides or their representatives may take photographs and films of you while you are on holiday and that these may be used in brochures and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
• Passenger Complaints or Claims - Should you have a complaint in respect of the holiday, you should inform the guide during the course of the holiday, and if the matter cannot be resolved after the representative's best endeavours to do so during the holiday, your complaint must be made in writing as specified in the signed Terms & Conditions Contract as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday but within 42 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. Any claims made after the 42 day period will not be considered.
• Travel Insurance - It is very strongly recommended that you take out comprehensive travel insurance for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before joining this holiday. You also agree to indemnify your guides and their agents and affiliates against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought in respect of your participation in the holiday.
• Weather - Under no circumstances can the guides or their agents/affiliates be held responsible for snow or weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of snow or weather conditions.
4 Days Minimum Advance Booking Required.(21 DAYS IF HANDICAP/DISABILITY ISSUES). Minimum 2 Persons Per Order. Tour includes Vienna hotel pick up. Tour does NOT include travel arrangements and costs to the starting point of Vienna or from Prague at the conclusion of the holiday. All participants must sign a Liability Waiver and Terms & Conditions Contract prior to the tour departure. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call to order or for more information.
There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Use the form below to select the date for your reservation. Calendar defaults to first available date. Please verify your date selection prior to submitting your order.
If you are unable to select a date, it means the tour is unavailable on that date.